Friday, January 24, 2014

Inscriptions for Drew - Happy 9th Birthday!


Drew - I delight so much in you. God gave you a mind that thing and dreams and imagines! I pray that you would use this precious gift for God's glory. I also hope that I do not squash your dream and inventions, you are constantly on the move and I find your pace very exhausting,  This year you grew and matured into a boy right before my eyes, You are now able to focus more on your school work and care for your siblings. Just last week you had me teach you how to make Pancakes and this morning you got up and made pancakes for your siblings all by yourself so mommy and daddy could sleep in. What a servant heart you have - I love it that you enjoy cooking and caring for others!

This year you are learning at home - you had art classes and jiujitsu outside the home but everything else you have been working on with mommy. I am so blessed to be your teacher and guide you down the path of righteousness. You love our science lessons and learning all about flying creatures. You are especially in love with the hands on science experiments. 

This was the year of many changes - you started showing by yourself, stopped wetting the bed after many years of trying, you said good-bye to Max and Kitty and are moving to a new home in just about a month. Its been a lot of changes and you have handled it all with grace and patience. You are a unique son and I am blessed to call you mine!

  • Purity: Drew I pray often that you would keep your mind pure of heart and your tongue from evil. I know the world we live in has many temptations and I seek God's favor and ask that you would guard your mind and eyes from the evil temptations in this world and walk in the Light with your eyes fixed on Him. I pray your future wife is a godly model of Christ and is being raised to love and revere the Lord.
  • Relationships: I pray Drew would  develop strong relationships with the Lord  - a deep intimate one that will overcome the testing of fire/ May you also grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and with men. (Luke 2:52)
  • Protection: Drew,  this world has so many amazing gifts and joys, but there is also evil lurking and I pray that God would be your rock and in him you would trust him to be your shield and salvation. Just like in 2 Samuel 22: 3-4 which says, "
    The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou saved me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
  • Personal weaknesses: Drew - I pray for diligence and focus, you have a mind that can accomplish so much, do no let it grow lazy or idle. Focus that energy on the passions and gifts that God has provided to you. Do no grow weary or tired of doing what is good, but overcome and persevere. I pray you would KNOW the word of God - inside and out. I pray you would study and and write it on your heart and never turn away from it. The Word of the Lord is pure and undefiled and it will never send you in the wrong direction - cling to it and lead your family down the path of pure living.

  • Thanks:  Lord, Drew is an amazing child who loves life and all its nuances. He isn't content to know something, he wants to discover that for himself and understand the inner workings of your creation. Thank you for such a dear child who loves all living creatures and is passionate about so many things. I ask that these passions would turn into a passion for reading and memorizing your Words - such a gift is never returned void.
I love you Drew - you are my first born and it was a pleasure to spend 3 years home cuddling and singing and smiling with you, May we spend many more years on that couch reading books like Hatchet and My Fathers Dragon and dreaming with the children of Narnia. I love you sweet child!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: