Sunday, November 3, 2013

Married to a special needs husband

According to this article, its important for children to have special needs friends. I totally agree! But those special needs children grow up into special needs adults. Then what happens?  I was reading this article and though that is it a blessing and benefit for my kids to have friends that require more from them, but I also realized how much of a blessing it is to be married to a husband with Cerebral Palsy. Many people may think this is crazy, but its so true, my husband is an amazing man.He appreciates life more than anyone I know. He has passions and has complex dreams and he isn't afraid to sacrifice to accomplish them. John spent a lot of time contemplating life while sitting in hospital rooms or watching other kids do what he could not; he is a deep thinker and so smart because of all the thinking and dreaming!

I am a blessed woman to be married to a special needs husband - though for 99.9% of my married life I've never thought of him in that way. John is more compassionate, empathetic and also harder on people than I would be. He makes me a better wife and his pain has conditioned me to be more sensitive, gentle and uplifting. 

I love you John and I'm so blessed that our kids get to have you for a daddy. We're truly blessed by your faithfulness and devotion to us!

No comments: