Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mom Heart Conference 2013

I take notes - a lot of notes at the Mom Heart conference every year. I don't want to miss a thing! Here are some highlight from this year's conference in Irving Texas ..... with some great photos of my kids to keep things sweet!

  • Get up for my kids, not to my kids
  • I am planting oak trees of righteousness
  • I'm a mom, I'm kinda a big deal!
  • A purposeful mother makes a plan
  • Come up with a mission statement or slogan for your family - like "Run to the Battle"
  • Create a family motto every year
  • "Do as little as possible, as well as possible" from inspiredtoaction.com
  • A river cuts through rock because of its persistence
  • My children  are like clay and can't mold themselves, that is why they were given a mother
  • It is the kindness of God that leads us to repentance, that is why we must capture the hearts of our children if we want them to develop a heart of repentance.
  • God is inviting me into Holy Work!
  • I am living a story, so are my children. Build strong words into their heart, like "I wonder if you will be the Daniel or Moses of this generation." 
  • As a mother I'm investing into the future, I must have hope or my parenting will seem pointless
  • Tell my children often "Mommy wants to spend time with you..."
  • As their mother I'm constantly telling them - "No, not this ____, but ____." "No you may not selfishly take that from your brother, but instead practice being generous ...."
  • "I wonder how God will use you like he used Peter and Paul?"
  • My job is to whisper the secrets of the next generation into the hearts of my kids.
  • My purpose as mom is to light the fire and passion for the Lord,  not to make my kids good. To help light that fire it involves them making some not so good choices which produce times of teaching and training.
  • My home is a place to daily practice righteousness
  • Guard my words, only speak life giving words into my children that build them up to the Lord.
  • Engage my children daily, share with them what the Lord showed me in His word that morning, make the scriptures real and engaging. If possible have them wake to see you in the Word....
  • Have a time of quiet each day - a time to quiet our hearts, breath, read a good book, recount blessings to help ward off restlessness of spirit and distractions from my purpose. If possible take a nap!
  • Celebrate in the dark times - our children will remember those dark times and see your faith and resolve amidst circumstances. It will bring scripture alive - "Give joy in all circumstances"
  • What have I been given to steward over? 
  • Speak noble things!
  • My capacity is more than I thought.
  • The heart is mentioned over 800 times in scripture - treasure the heart of my children and husband - its important to God.
  • What is my children's foundation? How do we shape our children? - Prayer, scripture, living life in this home
  • Live inside our homes just as we live outside -the person I am to my children is who I should be to everyone.
  • What do my children see when they look into my eyes?
  • "I can't make you godly..."
  • "You have to decide how great your going to be...."
  • "You must own it."
  • John 13:35 - "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Be a warrior!
  • All of us have sinned, do not pour guilt into my children.
  • Created sacred spaces in  my home and in our day - "How will they bow before the King without reminders that this life is about Him!"
  • "We work with all our heart"
  • "We choose to be content" make sure our kids see us choosing contentment instead of envy
  • Give my kids a call to the utmost
  • We all want to be part of a great story - our children are writing their story, I am writing my story, make them both great books to read and say Yes to God's story my immersing myself in God's story (scripture).
  • Stillness is a way of finding quiet, teach myself and my kids how to embrace the stillness of God by creating set time of quiet.
  • I have been given my cup - choose to accept my portion that God prepared for me. Do not look at others cups, be content with where God has me and embrace it!
  • Wise men hear and act
  • I am the book my children will read.
  • What do I hope for? Will I be faithful anyways?
  • This is my story for the Kingdom, my work is not invisible



 

No comments: