Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Inscriptions for Gabe: Boy on a Mission

Gabers - you are a boy on a mission these  days. Always wanting to keep up with Drew. You do know he is 3 years older - right? You want to read like him, do school like him, listen to the disc-man like him, and follow in Drew's shadows. You are such a delight and joy. This past school year you blossomed into a boy with great passions for laughter, Lego's and tent forts. You finished up Pre-School a few weeks ago --  you sang hard so I could hear you from the third row! I love hearing you sing "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" around the house, preparing for the concert. You have such a disciplined heart at such a young age. Your love for music makes my heart sing! I had to laugh when I looked at the book the school sent home showing how much  you had grown. You grew so much in knowledge and 2 1/2 inches in height, but didn't gain any weight all year - your still at 34.5 pounds!  You lost all your baby fat and sprouted up this year.  I love it that God made you unique (Psalms 139:13) and that the plans God has for your life are special and intentionally directed towards your individual personality.

You are a growing tree climber. I can't believe how quickly you can crevasse our trees in the back yard. Yesterday you read me the whole Bob Book and had such a proud smile on your face. I am so impressed with how hard you are working, I've never had a child ask to learn to read or ask to practice sight words - thank you! I really needed an enthusiastic child in regards to learning through sit down activities! I still laugh every time I ask you what you want to be when you grow up and you say "A Cheetah and an animal rescuer!"  I captured this picture of you and your dog at the park a few weeks ago, you look like you are sharing your deepest dreams!


I love you Gabe, you are such an easy child to be a mommy to. Your always happy and go with whatever tune we're singing for the  day. Thanks for being that middle child that brings stability and humor into our world!

Love,
Momma

Here you are on your last day of school with your teacher, you insisted on wearing those glasses in the picture even though they didn't fit, you also insisted on wearing the bowler cap to your program! You keep me laughing!!

No comments: