Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Too Blessed to Be Stressed"

The moments on this hard Tuesday ticked by - the day seemed to never end. There was much chaos as my sweet little girl pulled the dresser on top of herself during nap time. My Dyson vacuum was beheaded in the cleanup process - accidentally dropped down the stairs by the helpful child who was bringing it upstairs to suck up broken lamp glass. That vacuum was older than my children and for some reason it was hard to say good-bye.  This evening Abby stabbed a toothbrush down her throat and scratched the inside of her mouth and has been upset about it all evening - whining, whimpering and trying to make herself vomit. I've now put her back into bed 5 times and counting. It has been a rough day! I am also on day 2 of no coffee - which in general makes me hard to live with! The last time I gave up caffeine John begged me never to try it again.... I think in light of his comment, I'm actually doing much better this time!

Last night I went away to a women's dinner and laughed until my sides hurt - I needed that! I was reminded that in Jesus "I am too blessed to be stressed." So, amidst all the chaos I kept recapturing my blessings, singing praises, smiling when I didn't feel like it, serving the neighbor, and smiling as I put my child back to bed for now the 6th time! I am too blessed as a believer to let these little things rob me of joy! Even putting the little darling back into her bed for the now 8th time.

 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. I Peter 1:3-5


No comments: