Friday, March 23, 2012

Health Update

I am so encouraged! I think we made it though Fall & Winter without any sickness - no flu, no RSV not even a severe cold. The kids asthma symptoms scaled way back and I think we only had one little bout of asthma related issues after Christmas. The chiropractor has been a huge help in that area! This cold/flu season was so different than the last 2 since Abby's birth - it was a huge encouragement that our organic foods and healthy eating and vitamin routines are working.

I spent the last few weeks working on Abby's eczema that has been really bad since birth. She is finally all nice and smooth for the fist time ever! I cleaned out her system with a few high doses of Raw Garden of Life Probiotics which I'm fairly confident she needed because she has had the grossest stools for about 3 days! Then we took away milk two weeks ago and noticed a huge improvement. So, now Abby is off dairy and eggs - but she is enjoying her raw goat milk from Homestead farms.All the kids are on vitamin supplements of: Kids probiotics (1 billion), a multivitamin, a liquid vitamin D dropped into their morning drink,  and flax seed hidden somewhere in their morning food. Drew is also on: Magnesium & Krill oil. 

Now that their health appears to not be an issue, all three of my kids seem to have boundless bottles of energy that I have a hard time containing! We've been spending a lot of time exploring parks and museums and nature because their energy seems to get them all into trouble if  I don't find something challenge them. In fact we were on our way to the park this afternoon when I ran of a rather large rock with my  back tire and ended up getting a very bad flat tire. Oops!

1 comment:

itchylittleworld.com said...

Great that you determined your daughter's eczema triggers. Milk can really cause eczema to flare and did a lot of damage to my son as well. We tried goat and raw cow's milk, but neither were ok for him. He's now on flax and hemp milk for now.

Jennifer
http://itchylittleworld.com