Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time

I'm re-reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, this morning I was struck by this quote (below) as I relax on the couch, trying to quiet life more so we can hear more easily from God. So, on January 1st, I'm not throwing away time, but resting and enjoying my family. The laundry is half done and kitchen a mess, yet I'm focusing on the most important thing today - resting in God, worshiping as I  bake my husband a cake and helping my son draw a helicopter model. 

“Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing.... Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away.”
Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

No comments: