Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eden

Only in Eden will I truly be satisfied. However, I'm not in Eden and I'm called to be "content in all circumstances," so today I spent a lot of time counting my blessings. I have so very many and the more I thanked God the more content I became. Unfortunately, I decided to have the boys clean out the van for me which turned into a 2 hour ordeal of the boys being distracted, not listening, not cleaning, and Abby falling out of the van and hitting her noggin. Poor baby will have a large goose egg in the morning. Daddy came home to the  rescue and miraculously the boys got to work without grumbling or complaining. I headed off for a stress relieving workout, a vegi taco and some quiet time to think and pray and finish a chapter in my book on the subject of praying over relinquishing.

I love how God draws me close and renews my spirit when I call on Him. I had a wonderful evening, reflecting on the messages He has been sending me about contentment, allowing and actually encouraging  my kiddo's to be average students. I need to bring more encouragement and less guilt. The purpose of schooling at home is to model and show my kids a Big God who has Big plans for their lives. I pray they would fall madly in love with Him and follow His plans and purposes for their futures. I'm building character & love for Jesus - all the rest is icing on the cake.

1022. Wonderful reunion with my M2M mentors and friends who share their lives and struggles.

1023. Blessed to be married and have a partner to do life with. A sweet friend that I know through M2M (not terrible well), lost her husband over Thanksgiving. She is my age with 3 children 7 months to 5 years old. She is one busy woman and is handling the loss of her husband with such grace. I am sure she isn't feeling graceful, but she encouraged me today by coming back to M2M and just letting us love on her.

1024. Praying over the boys and having them ask me to keep praying for them.

1025. Prayers for my littles  that penetrate my heart throughout the day.

1026. Resting with Gabe and having him sing me tons of silly songs while I stroked his back.

1027. Watching my husband read with his sons each night before bed. They are going through the goo and gore of the Old Testament via the  Brick Bible (comic style with Lego's as the characters).

1028. Abby running over to me at the park when a stranger looked at her and asked if her mommy was around.

1029. Drew climbing trees - his favorite past time. At the park he settled for the monkey  bars!

1030. Drew praying for me this morning " that  I would be slow to Anger and quick to listen."

1031. Time alone at my favorite little coffee shop with my "Phil Wickham" radio station on Pandora and a good book.

1032. Burning calories while memorizing my Fighter Verse for the week.

1033. Prayers of surrender - surrender for my plans and my desires and an invitation for God to write on my heart the desires of His heart.


“I want to see beauty. In the ugly, in the sink, in the suffering, in the daily, in all the days before I die, the moments before I sleep.”
Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

No comments: