Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Resting in Friendship

My Hippie Child!
This week has been wonderful, my best friend from childhood flew all the way from Oregon to spend 5 days with me. She left her 3 children and husband and drug her pregnant body all the way to see me! I am so very blessed (and a little sad since I just left her at the airport to return home). We relished the time together with matching fall pedicures and lunch at my favorite tea house. We endulged in desert first over tea and pretzel bread.  We went shopping one afternoon and Bethany finally convinced me to make a special memory and get my ears pierced. Sweet John can no longer call me Amish!

Bethany was able to interact with my life - meeting our cell group at church, Bible study family. and the normal day to day routine of chaotic homeschooling. I enjoyed  baking for her and chatting about life. I'm now inspired to read the book "Don't Make Me Count To Three" since she was able to actually start and finish this book on her trip.  Sweet Bethany  -  I miss you already and you've only been gone a few hours.

I pray my children find that special God ordained friend (or two!) to share life with - despite baggage and babies and marriages and miles. I pray they can say Psalms 119:63 about themselves one day, "I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts" May they be blessed  with godly friends who fear the Lord and follow in God's ways -- like my Bethany who challenged, convicted, shared, and inspired me this week.
3 Sweet Friends hanging out on the playground.

For now, I am blessed that my children are best friends with each other. They live life together, they have the same sinful parents who struggle to lead them and discipline them. Yet, the blessing is, they love at all times, even when their parents mess up or they are cruel to one another. The words "Will you forgive me?" is a constant occurrence in our home - daily.  Just tonight as I was putting Abby to bed, after a particularity rough day. the boys ran to Abby and said in their high pitched, sweet acting voices, "Good night Pip Squeak!"  Then they blessed her with hugs and kisses and more hugs! I am truly blessed because my children love one another and are deep friends. Thank you Lord for this unexpected blessing that I believe transpired because of our obedience to homeschool these past two years.

Boys and sticks - Gotta love that!
I am tearfully blessed tonight as I remember my moments with my friend and the States that separate our families.

1 comment:

Patti said...

You Got Your Ears Pierced! What Fun! I bet I have a bunch you would enjoy. Let me know what you would like when your ears are ready to play with.
PS I love your blogs!