Monday, July 4, 2011

Blessings


The heavens declare the glory of God
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands.” (Psalm 19:1)

977. Celebrating freedom with scones and clotted cream, James Harriot and a book about the statue of Liberty.

978. Visit from my dad from Seattle.

979. Helping John plan the remodel in our pantry - I'm so excited that we're getting a desk downstairs and cabinets so I can store all this school stuff I've collected.

980. The magnificent landscapes of God's creation atop beautiful snow covered mountains.

981. Picture Outtakes!

982. The simple rejuvenation of a day spent resting and playing - thank you Lord for the example of sabbath rest.

983. Husband  home for the summer working on projects and serving others.

984. God's provision for John's Vietnam trip -  we were blessed by so many!

985.  Giggly middle child who makes everything into a funny game. Gabe is the comedian in our home, always smiling and blessing us with his contented spirit.

986. Drew's mental thoughts and the myriad of questions he asks - those questions keep me on my toes and inspire me to be a learning momma!

987. Abby's constant chatter that reminds me how blessed I am to have a little curly haired girl.

988. BBQ chicken and salad surrounded by family on the 4th of July.

989. Religious freedom that allows  me to teach my children at home and wise historians like David Barton who provide great insight into our founding Fathers Christian faith. I listened to Focus on the Family this week on American's founding fathers - much of the information I heard wasn't taught to me in public schools. I am overjoyed that I can give my children the real truth and teach them from a young age about our country's Christian heritage.


No comments: