Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blessings of Life ~ Changed


"Gratitude for the seemingly insignificant—a seed—this plants the giant miracle." A. Voskamp
990. Husband who renovates the laundry room so we can have a desk for the kids downstairs. I don't like that my computer is upstairs and if the kids are playing on it I don't like leaving them unsupervised, now I can get some things done in the kitchen while Drew works on his phonics. An added bonus - a quiet place to work on school work that will have fewer distractions - our kitchen table breeds lots of business and activity.

991. I purchased the new Fernando Ortega CD and can't stop listening to it!  There is something so peaceful and contemplative about Fernando's music. I've been waiting for a new CD for years!!!!

992. Dear friends, the Reed's,  over for dinner with their little  boys who ramble and run and raise a ruckus just like ours. It was such an encouragement to hear about their journey and trips and faith lessons. I especially enjoyed hearing about Vietnam traffic!

993. This year I stepped out in faith and started a Book Club with my dear friend Clair. We have 12 ladies who are reading Mission To Motherhood and are being encouraged! Last night was such a great time with great Pioneer Woman scones, thanks to Holly!, and women who open up about mothering and discipline and struggles. I pray they took away a clearer vision of mothering and tools to execute the daily battles that arise. I was so encouraged  by everyones honesty!

994. Boys spending the night at Nana's, giving momma time to clean out cupboards and get rid of items I'm not using. I confess I recorded the show hoarders and have been appalled at the state of mind those people live in. The messes alone are inspiring me to clean out all those old boxes and dust bunnies in preparation for Fall and School and cooler weather.

995. Early mornings watching the Harvest moon descend and the sunrise light up the sky, I know I've written before about the blessing of rising before the household, but I've been struggling getting up early since returning from vacation,  so the two mornings I conquered this week were indeed times of great rejoicing  and time with the Lord.

996. The life cycle of our frogs - they are fascinating to watch, the tadpoles grow so big and then little hind legs pop out, then the front and they turn into tiny little frogs. I can't believe how captivating they are to watch. Praise God above, He indeed created an amazing world that changes and  cycles right on command.
997. Girly girl who loves to ride "Motocycles" with her  brother.

998. Hot afternoons spent at the pool - the heat seems to be suffocating me and I'm anxiously awaiting Fall! School and Fall and rain can't come soon enough. In the meantime I'm praising the Lord for lots of pools and water to cool us off.

999. Gabe's sweet smile that greets me each morning with delight and eagerness for new adventures.

1000. John's upcoming trip to Vietnam, I am a blessed woman to be married to such a man of God. My husband challenges me daily as he walks with the Lord, a once weak faith, in the last 5 years he has flourished and turned into a man of great wisdom with a heart for the hurting. I am so proud that he listened to the quiet voice of God and committed to leaving for Vietnam. I pray daily that he would bring a great message to this culture, one of grace and love for sinners. Though John is presenting materiel on children/adults with special needs and the life skills they need to be integrated into society, I know John will bring much more than a message, he will bring the footsteps of Christ into a hurting and ignorant land that desperately needs a Savior.

"Eucharisteo—thanksgiving—always precedes the miracle." ~ A. Voskamp

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Wow... congratulations on reaching 1000 gifts! That is wonderful! How great to have such a handy hubby! And one with such a special heart. I am sure he will bless many with his upcoming trip! Your book club sounds like so much fun. Adorable photo of your children... so sweet! :)

BarefootButtercup said...

Congratulations for making it to 1000!!!