Thursday, May 19, 2011

Conversations

This morning I was trying to encourage Gabe to put on his shoes, our conversation went like this:

"Gabe, what verse could you say to encourage you while putting on your shoes?"

Gabe replied, "Do all things without grumbling and  complaining!" (A great verse since he was grumbling about it!)

Yes, that is a great verse Gabe, but how about "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me?"

Gabe repeated that verse a few times and I explained that this verse allows God to come alongside and help you with whatever you are doing."

Gabe sat quietly for a moment, still not wanting to try and put on his shoes, then he replies " Mom, God said No, so now will you help me!"


Then a few days ago Gabe had finished off the jar or apple sauce, I did not have recycling on the brain and threw the jar in the garbage - shame on me! Gabe looked at me and said, "Mommy, don't throw the applesauce away, it doesn't go there!" What, its all gone Gabe, we have to throw it away. Then Gabe looked at me with the most exasperated look and said, "Mommy, it needs to go in the recyck-ling! I just melted at his sweet pronunciation of recycling and promptly grabbed the jar, cleaned it out and put it in the recycling! Nothing like the correction of a 3 year old to bring you back to earth!

I love this little boy! He is such a funny and smiley middle child!

No comments: