Sunday, February 27, 2011

Seeing Gifts Day and Night


"In the original language, "he gave thanks" reads "eucharisteo." .....The root word of Eucharisteo is charis, meaning "grace." Jesus took the bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks. He took the bread and knew it to be gift and gave thanks. But there is more, and I read it. Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning "joy."........Charis. Grace. Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving. Chara. Joy. A triplet of stars,a constellation in the black. A threefold cord that might hold a life? Offer a way up into the fullest life? Grace, thanksgiving, joy. Eucharisteo. A Greek word....that might make meaning of everything?"  ~ A. Voskamp ~


781. Trio of calves loping and chasing each other on a brisk morning.
782. Grace for another early morning with the Lord
783. Sunday morning tea with my Bible and God
784. Pitter-patter of little Gabe early Sunday morning - cuddles on the couch reading three times over Bunny Bungalow and hearing all about his dreams from the night before.
785. Toothy grin from little one while I rock her to sleep - anticipating my last as she is growing and won't fall asleep on me much.
786. My little boy learning to read with a smile on his face ~ never though these days would come.
787. Banter of little men talking about race cars and nerf swords early in the morning as they anticipate all the fun this new day will bring.

 788. Spring's anticipation ~ bulbs emerging and challenging the cold Winter, hope of the Spring which is coming!
789. A warm Tuesday at home gardening, weeding, pruning and cleaning. The joy of having (some of) my garden beds looking all ready for Spring and fresh mulch.

790. Winter planting of Cilantro to garnish meals this Spring and Winter.
791. :My three year old warrior!

792. Crescent Moon early in the morning, encouraging me as I leave the house.

793. Family weekend together enjoying dinosaurs and books.

794. Sermon on Love as a great  beginning to my week ~ "love is patient"

795. "Those who love their children care enough to discipline them."

No comments: