Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Counting Them One By One


 To read His message in the moment, I'll need to read His passion on the page, wear the lens of the Word, to read His writings in the world. Only the Word is the answer to rightly reading the world, because The Word has nail scarred hands that cup our face close, wipe away the tears running down, has eyes to look deep into our brimming ache and whisper, "I know. I know." The passion on the page is a Person, and the lens I wear of the Word is not abstract idea but the eyes of the God-Man who came and knows the pain."
One Thousand Gifts Page 87

657. Early to rise as alarm beeps in my ear - thank you Lord for grace to lift my weary body out of bed for one more day.

658. Homemade laundry soap - tried a new recipe just for front loaders that need low suds. Smells delightful & costs relatively nothing!


659. Photographs - have  you ever noticed that a mere moment in your life captured on file reveals more than meets the eye? I can study pictures and see the intricacy, the personality, the hidden things that my bare,  naked, grace-less eyes fail noticing because I'm so consumed by self.

660. Arriving at the gym  early to insure I got a bike - the class filled up just 2 minutes after I arrived. Thankful for a great workout and wonderful gym shoes my sweet husband bought me for Christmas.

661.  Spectacular smiles, greeting me in the morning and a daughter who loves to yell "Ma!, Ma!" from her crib alerting me that she is indeed ready for her morning.

662. Unique and fun way my children explore this beautiful creation - from castles in the living room out of sheets; to weapon created draw bridges - they keep me on my toes and my camera snapping.

663 Brisk morning smell of night's end with a  full, foggy moon glowing in the distance.

664. Procrastination - cleaning my house hasn't been much of a priority this week, but reading and cuddling with the kids has, I'm thankful for God's grace and mercy that changes this meticulously anal woman over 6 years - from obsessive cleaner to ignorer of dirt and dust bunnies.

665. Blindness - my corneas are degenerating, which has gradually removed all clarity from my vision - thus I don't notice dirt, wrinkles, gray hair and frown lines. Now that is a blessing! Scary moments though when I put on my contacts and see the real dirt in this house and the wrinkles - I prefer to live blind. John prefers me blind too!

666. Fun with my Preschooler - Gabe's pirate interpretation after going potty. I love this boy!

667. Angelic little boys who stop for smiles - can't you just see the bus in the background with the navy battleship on top. They have wild imaginations - especially when trying to avoid school work.

668. Quiet moment this morning meditating on 1 Thessalonians and The Word - which happened to be a theme I pulled out of the first three chapters. The sun rise was beautiful and the silence was divine.
669. Home with my kids - a blessing that has changed me from the inside out.My life is certainly full - full of love and laughter and littles.




670. Little girl and castles with Big homemade hat and smile.



671. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Here, this journal, is my one giant step towards a life of accepting grace and living out ... joy.

No comments: