Saturday, October 30, 2010

Resting In The Thankful

It has been a while since I've relaxed enough to  reflect on my myriad of blessings. A little retreat to Oregon visiting family and friends rejuvinated my soul and lifted my spirits. It is time for resting in the thankful.

Thankful Gifts:

634. Quiet and sleeping baby resting in mommy's weary arms.

635. Daddy and boys delighting in a fall leave wrestling match on a cool Fall evening.

636. Visiting with dear sweet Oregon friend from my youth who says I inspire her to  be more passionate, funny how she inspires me to be more loving and less judgmental. Our friendship only increases with time and distance, as our children are now growing we dream of more frequent visits and time together.

637. Baby Coo's saying Ma... Ma... Da.... Da.... By..... By.....

638. Fall leaves covering Murry Road as I drive to my childhood church, the nostalgia of those Autumn mornings with the Cascade Mountains shadowing my peripheral, driving slowly to church dreaming of childhood and friendships and crushes.

639.My two year old who potty trained himself with some M&M's and big boy undies. Gabe was so easy I still can't believe it!

640. Boys playing with their sister in the bathtub.

641. Overhearing Drew tell his little brother who was struggling with a heavy grocery bag, "Gabe,  you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!"

642. My little ladybug and her giant gummy smiles!

643. Sleeping in and resting after a long flight the previous day.

644. Jumping on the scale and actually liking the number! All those early mornings in the gym are paying off with weight and energy. My arms and neck aren't as sore anymore and my back hasn't gone out in months!

645. The many doctors who keep an eye on our little preemie and make sure she is healthy, or at least has what she needs to get over sicknesses which seem to invade her system right and left.

646. Family time together around the table enjoying great conversations.

647. A sweet sister in law who lets me and my friends invade  her house, My sister is law Kessa was so hospitable, she drove Abby and I around, cooked for us and made us feel so welcome! I just love having a sister in law, I just wish we lived closer!

648. Coming home to lots of smiles and hugs from all my boys! Drew's comment was, "Mommy. I missed you so much!" When I asked what he missed most he stumbled a little and said, "I missed all of you!"

649. A finished book! I seem to start a lot and have a stack of 5 books that I haven't finished. Time to get back to work on that!

650. Drew's school accomplishments like spelling some new words and writing his numbers, its those little things that keep me going when I don't think he is learning anything!



651. My little flower child in her fall outfit giving me tons of gummy smiles!

652. A trip to the apple orchard with just Drew. He loved all the one on one time together! Drew learned about apples, bugs, cotton and lots of other things pertaining to an apple farm. Thank you Grandma Johnnie for watching little Abby for me!

653. New baby teeth at only 9 months! That is a first in our family. Abby has her first teeth - bottom front!

No comments: