Monday, September 13, 2010

Why I Blog: HIS-Story Part 1



Luke begins chapter 13 with a story. As I meditated on this passage, a dialog began to take place in my head about why I blog, whether it is worth the time, whether it is of benefit to my family, whether I'm "called" at this season in my life to put my story down for the world to see. The answer, for me, became an encouragement and  I'll be sharing the Williams history more frequently with my blue eyed masterpieces - more thankful times of remembrance, more dialog about events, more time spent teaching my children about God's presence in my daily life.

Luke begins chapter 13 with the history of the Jewish nations - the history lesson is being told to the Gentiles. The gentiles were hated by the Jews (they were like the popular kids in the class who never wanted to play with the ordinary girls with the glasses) and after Christ's resurection and many miracles and angels and revelations -  God finally convinced the apostles that these gentiles were His people too. There wasn't a select group that "made it" or received a "free ride." "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God - Jew and Gentile! 

Chapter 13 is Luke teaching the Gentiles about their new history -  all that the Lord had done for the Jews to protect, provide, and deliver  His people - from Egypt all the way to Jesus. Luke hoped to show the Gentles that just as God protected and provided and  delivered the Jewish nation that continually strayed away from God, He too would do the same for the Gentiles. God, in His mercy and grace, had grafted in the gentiles and there was no longer a distinction - "neither Jew or Greek (Romans 1:16-17). I am that gentile  and just as I need to read about what God did back in AD 45 or BC 1450, I too need to remember what God did back in 2005, 2003, 1979, etc. My children will need to know these things and this blog is a great idea birthed by God Himself to reveal to my children and those after what God did, and is still doing,  in the hearts of the Williams.


No comments: