Friday, September 10, 2010

Week Two on Character

John took the Drew out of donuts last week because he earned enough checks. Gabers gets to go tomorrow morning with Daddy since we ran out of time last weekend.

This week Gabe gets to spend his checks on his very own train from Target and Drew is getting a new Lego kit. Best of all, the boys were wonderful again this week. They certainly weren't perfect - like  when Drew  threw a football in the house tonight and broke my favorite vase.  Oh well -that is what glue is for right? The boys had many opportunities to serve and care for others. Drew even did the dishes with a huge smile tonight! I don't think I've ever seen him volunteer to wash dishes, let alone actually stand up on his stool and complete the task. Such fun and exhausting days!


I'm home alone for a whole hour and a half on a Friday night - finally able to change up my blog a bit. Abby has finally drifted off to dreamland thanks to the Tylenol I gave her. She slept from 9:00 pm last night until 2:00 pm this afternoon! Once she woke up and ate like a little piggy she fussed and fussed over her painful teeth which are coming in. She finally fell asleep on my chest, exhausted and in pain. The only good part was that I was able to get 30 minutes of cuddling with her on my chest. I hope she is ok, its not like her to be fussy and sleep so long.


We spent the week on Apples again - too much fun to stop last week! Drew also mastered his first 5 sections of  catechism's  - it only took a year! I'll post that video soon! We also worked on distinguishing the difference between "Fact & Fiction" and learned the 5 senses. Drew was so funny, he decided that if he didn't know the answer to fact or fiction  he would just say, "Faction?" It was a fun week with a lot more reading aloud on my part, more smiles, giggles and fun which were some of my goals. Academically we didn't peak any mountains, but I think we at least worked ourselves out of the valley, had fun along the journey exploring, and made it a few steps up the path to the top of the mountain. It was a good week! Next week we're doing a three week unit study on "Blueberries for Sal" - learning about bears, fruit, and making mini blueberry pies.


No comments: