Saturday, September 25, 2010

Randomly Honest

So I just finished posting about our lives the last few weeks and I am sitting here perplexed.  Why is it that life looks so wonderful in pictures yet I don't appreciate those accomplishments?

I see my blue eyed blessings sweet faces and smiles in those pictures and all the fun we had and can't believe we actually did have a fun few weeks.  That fun was marred by all the pictures not taken.

The fighting between brothers, unkind words spoken to my husband, time wasted, lunches not made,  the mornings I slept in, the frustrated mommy who didn't want to read one more "Good Night Moon", the time Drew told me he wanted to go live at Mrs. Kelly's house because she is way more fun, the poop on the floor which ended up being cleaned up twice because I'd thrown it in the diaper pail and then Drew flipped the lid later that day and it flung out of the pail and back onto the floor. Or the two hours I spent cleaning up dog poop in the boys room because the dog was locked in there all night and couldn't get outside, or the screaming baby whose teeth hurt and nose is stuffy, or telling my boys to be quiet only to have them scream down the stairs pretending to be space ships and waking their sister in the process. or the broken vase thanks to a random football being thrown in the house, or the lies that come, the disobedient hearts rebelling against God, the "yes mommy's" spoken with no intention of actually doing what I asked, the broken washing machine, the tantrums from mommy and kids, the errands not run, the work turned in wrong, the deadlines missed, the people offended, the spankings given, the "Forgive Me's" begged ...... I could go on but I think I'll stop before you really think I'm a nut case.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Just know we have been doing a lot of confessing around here. Life isn't just a beautiful photo, its truly what we do about all the unseen footage that goes on behind the lens of perspective. We're sinful, in process people, who are learning along with our children how to live a Faith Full Life. I wouldn't have it any other way- God is faithful and just to forgive us and send us out again with a new perspective. Sweet Dreams - tomorrow is another day to try again. "God's mercy is new every morning, Great is Thy faithfulness."

No comments: