Monday, August 23, 2010

Tea Time

A cup of tea may temporarily satisfy the palate, but a tea time can satisfy the soul if you take the time to unlock the beauty that is possible there.
~Sally Clarkson, Seasons of a Mother's Heart
We're unlocking beauty today.......

Pray for us on this beautiful & humid August morning - our homeschooling journey is trepidatiously beginning!

The "schedules" have been written, the lap books are ready, the bubble experiment will be made today.  Our candle will be lit to begin our new days beginning, tea is waiting on the breakfast table for excited little boys,  a verse will be memorized, a new song learned, memories will be made today.

Please pray with me: for hearts to be drawn to the Lord, intimacy to take place, little hearts to be shepherded and lives to  be changed. My little boys can turn out to be genius', but if I fail to capture their hearts with a love for Jesus, if I fail to shape godly character, if I fail to entice their imaginations with a love for learning -- then I will have missed the mark I believe God is aiming me towards.

Lord, on this new morning of excitement, I pray you would be present, you would be our strength. May the plans you have for our day supersede the schedule, may my children's minds be attentive and captivated, may their first day lead to another day of excitement to love, learn, and listen. Bless our day, bless our thoughts, and bless our homeschooling.

Love, Momma

It is time to wake the crew!

No comments: