Monday, August 23, 2010

Homeschooling is a Journey

Just as this life is all about the journey, so I believe it will be as we tackle this journey of schooling at home. Today was such fun yet so exhausting. I've  been "playing" school all summer trying to work through the differences between the boys learning styles and how to accommodate an almost 3 and 6 year old at the same time. I planned on not really homeschooling Gabe, just including him in on what we're doing so he doesn't feel left out, but he is so challenged by his older  brother that I think he might be learning just as much as Drew. It is fun to  watch the boys grow towards each other by playing, working things out, and talking to one another. I heard a lot of, "... come on Gabe, lets go...." from Drew today which is such a nice change from arguing!  I love how Drew is very inclusive ... most of the time.

Here is what we did today, in pictures, since I need to get to sleep! We had a great day, looking forward to another day or fun tomorrow! I think I'm more excited than the boys because I have a ton of "living" books we'll be reading over the next few weeks,,,, I just LOVE books!

No comments: