Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
It has been some time since I've written my thankfulness list, there has been so many changes since January, so many things to write about and so little time it seams. My hope is to get back into journaling now that our newest little one is sleeping longer and breathing well again!
597. A relaxed December, anticipation of a new little baby in our family!
598. Continued pregnancy despite high blood pressure and frequent contractions.
599. The many friends and family members who pitched in and watched the boys and cleaned my house and brought meals. I feel so loved and cared for!
600. Snow (3 inches this time) to clear and refresh the mind of a tired and very anxious mommy. Abby is still in the NICU and due to the snow John was able to come home and spend some time with all of us, the first time in two weeks that we've all been together. I hope Abby won't miss us!
602. Wise and mature doctors who eased fears of anxious mommy. Modern medicine which saved the life of our little peanut. It hurts so much not to hold and cuddle my little girl, but it will also make me appreciate that novelty once she is stable and off the ventilator. Thank you Lord for keeping her alive until she was intibated. She is one very prayed over girl, I'm thankful for the hundreds and thousands of people who were on their knees for her health. What an amazing experience to see the body of Christ at work.
604. Brothers for protection and love!
606. Tons of pink and bows! What a delight to have a little girl!
607. I'm so thankful for the people who sent clothes and gifts, Abby is totally outfitted for her first year of life!