Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Safety & Comfort During Trials

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior – from violent men you save me."

2 Samuel 22: 2-3
This week I've been reflecting on the memories when Abby was finally home after her delivery and then 10 days later rushed back to the NICU with RSV - unable to breath. purple then ashen gray. Those intense memories are fading slowly; my fear dissipating like when the wind blows the cool brisk air back into the hot Texas humidity at the end of a long hot summer.  It is time to process all that God did and the wonderful ways He brought us through to the other side of this trial. Lord, may I never forged that sense of protection as I rested within your sheep fold, guarded by your mighty hands, surrounded by Your Holiness.


608. Anxious brothers awaiting the arrival of their 7 day old sister from the NICU! Praise the Lord for his hand of protection on Abby and her early arrival.Grateful that my pre-eclampsia didn't result in a seizure!

609. Thank you Lord for a daughter to share many wonderful life events with, our precious Abby is a miracle and a blessing - her place in our family perfectly ordained by You.

610. Adventurous minds of little boys who love painting and learning and waiting for their long awaited sister!

611. Thank you Lord for quick and well versed doctors who recognized Abby's distress and acted professionally and quickly in order for her to breath. Lord, you were our "ever present help in a time of trouble." Your righteous right hand numbed my anxiety, calmed my fears, and paralyzed my mind so I was able to react the way you desired me to. Thank you for that sense of reaction, that prodding to react immediately..

612. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You art with me; Your rod and  staff they comfort me. You prepared a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: You anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over." Psalms 23:4 & 5


613.  He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;  his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side,  ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. Psalms 91:4-7 

614.  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

615. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:35-39

617. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. II Timothy 1:7 

618. I am so thankful for God's faithfulness, His closeness during this trial. God's presence was evident in those sterile rooms, His hands were firm and His whispers were of confidence; that no matter the outcome, His will was being done and His love was being poured out out us.



619. The simple joy of  seeing our little girl pink and alive in color and awake enough to yawn and cry for me - 8 days of paralysis & intibation behind, her pretty blue eyes captivated me for hours.

620. That first time I held you after 8 days of only being able to talk to you and hold your hand. There was such a sense of joy when I was able to comfort you when you cried and feel your breath against my cheeks. Inexpressible joy radiated from my heart!

621. The memories of your first months of life will always remind me to hug on my family more, enjoy the moments of silliness and peacefulness and noises.  This journey helped me appreciate the three blessings I am equipping to send out into the world, the days go by so quickly and sometimes I forget to just stop and enjoy the journey. Abby's journey will be a symbol to me to ... stop.....enjoy....invest... and find peace in the ordinary moments of my life.

No comments: