Monday, May 3, 2010

Child Like Faith

During Bible time tonight Drew asked some very sweet questions. I just love the mind of a 5 year old!

During the reading of Abraham offering up Isaac as the sacrificial lamb Drew asked, "So was the ram God's pet? How else would the ram get up on that mountain?"

Then while speaking about heaven I said if you believe in Jesus then you go to heaven, Drew then asked, "Then will that nasty snake Satan be there too?" Oops I guess I shouldn't water down the gospel for my 5 year old! I tried to explain that isn't enough to believe in Jesus (the demon's believed in him and shuttered), you have to believe and then allow God to change your heart. A sacrificial change, like when Abraham went to offer Isaac as the sacrificial lamb. That was Abraham's test to show that he truly believed and had life changing faith in God.

Then later Drew asked if God would make cake in heaven for parties,"you know , like when its my birthday, will God make me a cake for my party?"

No comments: