Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Greater Things Are Yet To Come....

(Abby at almost 7  weeks - weighs in at 7 pounds exactly!)

It has been a long week, I tried to attend my mother's conference Friday and Saturday, but only made it until 4:00 am Saturday morning when Abby's sniffles got worse. So, my sister and I packed up and headed home. I put Abby on the pulse-oxygen monitor and she was breathing at 100%, go figure. She has been like that for 4 days now, she sounds yucky but is breathing great. I'm taking her in to the doctor today just to make sure I'm not missing anything. John had the flu or food poisoning over the weekend so he was out too. It made for a rather depressing weekend, but Monday was a new day! I set up a schedule, thanks to John's encouragement, and was able to feel like I accomplished something! We did school, played with cars and water and swords, Gabe had blanket time and Drew actually did all his chores without grumbling or complaining (something we've been working on the past few weeks!). I even managed to make us a yummy dinner! The boys also have some sniffles and a cough so they are on breathing treatments 2x a day -it seems to be asthma related since they are having symptoms of eczema and hay fever which worsen at night and in the early mornings.

On to better news, Abby is sleeping better and I am feeling way less depressed. We made the decision to send Drew to a private Kindergarten next year, John will work a part time job this summer to pay the tuition. We'll also home-school him in some basics this Spring/Summer to see how things go. His reading lessons are slowing but I've discovered he is great at math.... go figure! We've been working on counting to 100 this week and he is almost there. He also has learned to count by 10's/ We also studied volcano's yesterday which he loved! We talked about Mt. Saint Helens eruption in 1980 and learned about magma and how volcano's are formed. Daddy is going to take Drew up to Mt. Saint Helens in a few weeks when they are in Oregon for John's brothers wedding. Such fun! Gabe has been enjoying blanket time and wrestling with Mommy. Yesterday he had horsey rides on my back and just loved it! We also played in water with some trucks, its so much fun to be 2!

Abby is growing like a weed, at 6 weeks old she has moved from Preemie clothes to Newborn clothes. I'm taking her in today to get her lungs looked at and we'll see what she weighs, I bet she is over 7 pounds. UPDATE: She weighed 7 pounds exactly! Her constipation was due to the Zantac so they moved her to Axid, which did the trick, she has had 3 BM's in 24 hours!

She is still constipated a lot and very gassy, but it doesn't seem to bother her too much. She sleeps mostly through the night, with her final feeding around 11 pm, then 4 am and again at 8 am. This morning I freaked out because I awoke at 6:00 am and she hadn't cried for her middle of the night feeding. I went in and woke her up, relieved that she was just fine. Abby's favorite spot to sleep is in her vibration chair in our walk in closet. She loves the quiet, darkness, and the smell of Mommy's clothes. Abby loves to be swaddled and is rarely happy all spralled out, she loves confinement!
 
(Being Entertained with Water and Bugs while Mommy made Dinner)

No comments: