Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thanks Be To Holiness

I have it stuck in my head - repeating over and over again. Reminding me of what I want, what I have already obtained, what a treasure I have been entrusted with.

"Holiness, its what I long for,
Holiness, its w
hat I need,
Holiness its what you want from me.

So, take my heart and form it,
Take my mind and transform it,
Take my will and conform it,
To Yours, To Yours Oh Lord...."

I've been humming it and thinking about it since the Bible Study on Covenant last night. I've been a Christian for a long time, yet so in awe today as the God of this Universe, my Covenant Keeping God, rolls back another layer of Himself and reveals Himself to me. "If only others knew, if only others were sitting here learning and studying here tonight...", their relationship with God could be so deep and spirit filled - not lifeless, powerless, and sick from imitating the world instead of our Covenant Keeping God.

I've always been taught that I need to be changed, I need to look like Christ, I need to be made holy. Yet, as I'm learning about my Covenant God my heart makes a shift from "I need" to " I want!" I want to be changed, I want to be made holy because the God of this Universe chose to make a covenant with me - never broken, always true, always protected, always delivered in such a way that brings glory unto Himself. I stand amazed at the sheer perfection of God's unchanging Words - so perfect that only God himself could write such a love letter. I sit here tonight in thanks, grateful that my God supplies all my needs, gives me His Word, and is revealing Himself to me daily - I just have to be available to listen.

“Everything God does, is based on His covenant.” And when you understand how thoroughly the dynamic concept of covenant permeates everything God says in His Word, and everything He does in our lives, you’ll come to experience one of the most stabilizing, most freeing truths you’ll ever know."
~ Kay Arthur

567. Drew's words tonight before bed, "Mommy I need to pray tonight" Drew then prays the sweetest prayer of repentance, " God, help me to obey my mommy and daddy, I will obey so I won't get a spanking and I'll obey my teacher when she says not to shoot others in the classroom (pretend). I'm sorry I disobeyed my parents and my teacher, forgive me today? Amen."

568. Fall has finally arrived, my most favorite season - a time for intimate family time and dark quiet nights to spend together breathing in the crisp smells and warm cozy foods. The books are out, the Mayflower ship has landed in the playroom with all the little pilgrims, the stories are being shared and the windows are all open revealing God's Autumn breeze.

569. Planting the first Chrysanthemum's of the season - the soil is prepared and anxious for a new season of harvest.


570. Smiling little boy's face to greet me in the mornings, his love for books and lap time is such a reprieve from laundry and wiping and dishes. Lord, may I make more time to sit and enjoy the blessings of being a mommy.

571. A call from God's word to be of the world and not in the world. 1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. The Lord never breaks his covenant with me, but by having one foot in the world I'm breaking my covenant with God and He is not able to protect me from my enemies or deliver me from temptations. Lord, show me the areas in my heart and home that are imitating the world system instead of imitating You. Thank you for your kind discipline as you brought things to my mind last night that I had never thought of before as sin. Amen.

572. I am hidden: in Christ, in God. What an amazing and faithful truth.

573. Recognizing that I don't have to be the on to "win" in my marriage - freedom to surrender to anther's opinion and be happy about not being right. Lord may I catch myself more and respect my husband's leadership.

574. Welcoming friends over to play on a quiet Friday. Lighthearted chatting and warm smiles.

575. Making art with my boys, messy flour all over the floor, mounds of dough used for race tracks and bike jumps - the imagination of boys is like nothing I've ever experienced in my own mind. So different, yet such a great way to encourage learning about God and His prodigious world.

576. My covenant marriage - how I wish I'd know what a commitment I was making on that January day. I knew God hated divorce, always said it wasn't an option, yet never understood the ramification of breaking such a sacred covenant. I never realized how covenant was to be sought after daily, not just a one day event. A reminder to me to keep my marriage sacred and holy - we've cut covenant and its never to be defiled. Covenant is a "community of life ... a oneness..." broken only through death.


577. Take up my cross? Lose my life? To what is Jesus calling me today, this very second?

578. A schedule of sorts, that would be our first real weekly schedule (that doesn't change much) since being married 7 years ago - I love it!

579. The sweet joy of getting long permeating stains out of white baby onesies - thanks to Oxi-clean!

580. Settling on a name for our little peanut - Abigail Mae Williams which means "A Father's Joy" named after her late great grandmother (Bernice Mae).

No comments: