“Man worships because God lays His hand to the dust of our experience, and man miraculously becomes a living soul - and knows it and wants to worship.”
531. A new favorite song which expresses much of what I’ve been mulling over in my mind these days. (Addison Road – What Do I Know Of Holy)
532. Little boys falling in love with books... a Mommy/English lover’s dream!
533. Drew getting his first bee sting, we then looked up the difference between bees and wasps online and Drew stared at the stinger of the wasp for 30 minutes; asking questions I’m sure only his dad knew the answer to. Drew left quite proud that the poison in the sting only hurt a little (but scared him a lot)!
534. Little chubby feet running towards me with “Run Away Bunny” and “Goodnight Moon” --pleading for more reading time. I love it when their attention span is long enough for a quick book!
535. A fantastic vacation to the rouged NW, blueberry picking, ocean romps, a cooling brook, deep friendship, and fond memories. Can we go back?
536. Thank you Lord we made our flight home from Portland, spending hours in the airport with little children on standby was not an attractive option - especially with frozen blueberries as my carry on. I've never been the last on the plane and hope to never repeat that horrible event again - bribing old ladies to cut in line (John), crying at the ticket counter for them to let us on - not my fondest moments!
537. Drew’s great accomplishment – he built his very first train track all by himself. It took up his entire room, he was so proud of all the work he put into it! So were his mommy and daddy! Now to keep little brother away from destroying it... hmm.
538. Leap Frog Fridge Phonics – Drew is really enjoying the hands on, touching, listening and repeating of letters instead of sitting at the table fussing with mommy. Such a great help and Drew is starting to learn a lot! Now if I could just find the letters Q, D, E on Ebay to complete our set - 2.00 at the Goodwill so I can't be too picky.
539. Laundry that seems to always need to be put away – lately it gives me some quiet time to just meditate in the silence while the kids sleep and John is at work.
540. A re-occurring theme in my devotions – reminding me to be patient and WAIT on God’s timing. So hard to do but something I need to hear daily.
541. Cocoa (in the summer, we're Oregonian's living in Texas skin!), little learners, blankets, classical music, the Bible, and Little House In The Big Woods before bed. Thank you Lord for the endurance to consistently push though, even when I just want to put the kids to bed and have silence. Their eager little faces ready to listen to words on a page make my evenings worth the sacrifice.
542. A kind neighbor who fixes John’s car, often weekly! (correction for this week: daily - belt broke on John's way home from work last night.)
543. The privilege of saying goodbye to a man I never met (I knew his wife). His funeral was a testimony to his godly character and his passion for God’s heart. It challenged me to endure, finish well, live big, and sacrifice more. It is a memory I won’t soon forget.
544. Teething 21 month old – Mommy gets more cuddles than usual!
545. My TOS magazine which always challenges me and provides great articles on being a better mother and educator to my kids.
546. A night out with my sweet man – a king sized bed and fancy breakfast with tons of time to just talk about life. A special thanks to Grandma and friend who watched our little men!
547. A new life at 13 weeks – so small yet brilliantly formed in my womb. I can’t wait to meet you! God has such big plans for your life!
548. Drew’s little voice lifting high “Holy Holy Holy” before bed. I loved the story his Sunday school teacher said to me yesterday, he said that Drew will always be remembered because when they were telling the story of Paul and Silas singing in the prison, Drew piped in and said, “... if I were stuck in jail, I would sing Holy Holy Holy as loud as I could, then my mommy would hear me and come rescue me from jail!”
549. John’s patience and understanding after a particularly hard day.
550. A child who stays in bed all night without waking and wanting to sleep on our floor..... funny how once I put my foot down and said no it stopped! Why didn’t I think of that 5 days ago! I’m also thankful for a full, uninterrupted nights sleep!