Thursday, August 27, 2009

Honesty Prevails


What is a mommy to do! Just this morning I heard some unkind grunts and words being spoken in the other room. When I asked Drew why he wasn't using kind words he said that Gabe had hit him and wouldn't stop. I called Gabe into the office and asked him if he had repeatedly hit his brother. Gabe looked at Drew, then looked back into my eyes and methodically leaned his head forward, then slowly backwards. His first real confession of "yes," normally every question receives a shake of the head "no." It was adorable, but I did manage to keep a stern face!

After explaining that we don't hit; Gabe turned to Drew and gave him a hug and a little peck on the cheek. Oh, if only it were that simple! I knew if I didn't discipline Gabe he would be hitting and taking things within the minute. So, I'm typing this post, while Gabe sits in time out crying his little eyes out.

Joy comes in the morning through insignificant moments,
that fade into the past,
never to be lived again!

No comments: