Thursday, February 5, 2009

God's Glory


I went to pick Drew up from pre-school today and his teacher rushed out once she saw me walk by. She began by saying, "Your little Drew just made us cry today..." Mentally I was thinking, "What did he do, hit someone or spit on you?" Sweet teacher Misty went on to say, "Drew was singing quietly and I overheard him singing Holy, Holy Holy. I asked Drew if he would sing that song to the whole class, not wanting to embarrass him, and Drew said yes!" He sang the first verse to the whole class and Andrea and I almost started crying, it was so sweet to our ears! Your parenting Drew so right!"

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.

Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty, God in three
persons, blessed Trinity!

She went on to say that he is the most polite child in her class. Today I forgot to send him a drink in his lunch and the teacher found one to give him, he replied so genuinely, "Thank you so much, I was really getting thirsty!"

Her compliments were such an encouragement to me, especially today which has been a very stressful day of balancing work and mothering. So often I focus on all that I've done wrong, her kind words reminded me to focus on the godly characteristics we're instilling in Drew. Just as I type he is in cleaning up the playroom singing, "Children obey your parents in the Lord" from Hide'Em In Your Heart.

Today when Drew and I were home I told him how proud I was that he brought glory to God by singing praises of God to his class! Drew just beamed and said, "I know mommy, I like bringing God glory!"

No comments: