Saturday, November 15, 2008

While Daddy's Away...



While Daddy is away camping and enjoying a guys week in the beautiful NW, we're at home trying to keep things together. I'm filling all my "free" time trying to read the owners manual for my new Nikon D80 and practicing some photography on the kiddo's. The temperature is very chilly which has made the day drag on, little Gabe has also developed a cold and ear infection... or something like that. He has a faucet for a nose and a high fever. Presently he is sleeping in his car seat, in my walk in closet, with the noise machine going -- whatever works! He woke up over 5 times last night and didn't nap this morning. So, for his afternoon nap I tried the car seat and "tada!" he slept. Whenever he is sick he has a hard time sleeping horizontally.


(Drew giving up the motor cycles we bought for our Christmas boxes to Mexico. I'm so proud of him for doing it with a joyful heart.)

I must admit the house is not quiet so boisterous without Daddy coming home and the normal "cheer" isn't in the air. My energy level is really dragging without a pick me up from John! I did manage to ship our Christmas boxes to Mexico today - wow, international shipping is expensive! I also managed a trip to Kroger for great buy on a Thankgiving/Christmas turkey, chicken breasts, and ice cream. I have tons of things to do but no motivation! I can't wait for Daddy to come home!

No comments: