Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas 2008







Christmas 2008 is fast approaching! What will be under your tree this year? A pig, a goat, a cow, medical supplies, vaccines, blankets, wheel chairs? Go here to pick out your families Birthday offering for Jesus. We will be celebrating Christmas with a Water Buffalo under our tree. Since they are too large to fit through the front door, I thought it would be a great Christmas tradition to make a book with what we are giving Jesus. Then, take the book and get it laminated (thanks Kari!) and then put it under the tree for Jesus. It will be a reminder to all of us that Jesus should be the center of Christmas. It will also be a practical and real way for the kids to see that giving to the needy and poor is just something we do as a family - it is in our DNA. I pray that giving to the Lord will be like breathing for our boys - natural and necessary to sustain life.

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'

Matthew 25:35

The Blessing


Let it be said of us while we
walked among the living

Let it be said of us by the ones we
leave behind

Let it be said of us that we lived
to be a blessing for life

And let it be said of us that we gave to
reach the dying.

Let it be said of us by the fruit we
leave behind

Let it be said of us that our legacy is
blessing for life


This day, You set life, You set death right before
us

This day, every blessing and curse is a
choice now

And we will choose to be a
blessing for life

Let it be said of us that our hearts
belong to Jesus

Let it be said of us that we spoke the
words of life

Let is be said of us that our
heritage is blessing for life

Cause blessings and curses are
choices

Will we build up, tear down?

The moment of truth is now
For your
kingdom, for our children

For the sake of every nation

For your kingdom, for our
children

For the sake of every nation

We will choose to be a blessing
for life

Song by John Waller


(We donate to Gospel For Asia because 100% of donations go directly to the field designated. They have private donors who cover operating expenses.)


No comments: