Monday, September 22, 2008

To Stand Up or Not To Stand Up?

When Drew reached the ripe old age of 3 we finally decided to tackle the whole potty training issue. I taught Drew that little boys sit down to go potty - he never knew there was an alternative until a few months ago. A few months back I heard bellowing from the bathroom, "Mommy, come watch me!" I walked into our very small 1/2 bath and found Drew standing on top of a chair, peeing into the toilet - he was so proud of himself. When I asked him why he was standing up he replied, "Mommy, boys don't sit, they stand!"

Drew didn't inherit any "tall or even medium height genes" so he is presently the size of an 18 month child - too small to actually stand up and make it into the toilet. For the past three months I've been in denial - I kept thinking that the pee on the floor was an "infrequent accident." Unfortunately for Drew three "infrequent accidents" in 1 day have sent mommy out of denial. So, tonight after cleaning each bathroom I've officially had it! There will be no more standing in our house (except for John - I can't control his peeing habits)!

1 comment:

The Minter's said...

Yet another reason I hope our next baby is another girl =)