Thursday, July 17, 2008

I am thankful...

351. 3.98 diapers & wipes from Target, the second time they were free
352. Sweet husband working so hard to find a teaching job
353. Time, a peaceful evening to read and refresh in God’s word
354. Evening stroll with Kitty, watching her chase a frog
355. Joy… Lord may my children be filled with the joy given to You through the Holy Spirit
356. Fevered head cuddling and falling asleep on this humble mommy
357. Medicine to bring down Gabe’s 104 degree fever
358. The doctors, and mother, who diagnosed Drew’s balding head as ringworm… Yuck!
359. Reflection,
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely our grief’s He Himself bore, and our sorrow He carried; yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God and afflicted. He was but pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. Isaiah 53:2-5

Lord, everyday I have only joy covering my life. You paid it all for me… who am I to be so humble a servant? By your wounds I am healed. May others see their wounds and trade their sins for Your kingdom work, there is no greater gift than life abundantly.

360. Growing Chaste Tree, the bright purple flowers are “new every morning” just like my day.
361. Drew’s Mothers Day sunflowers, they are growing past the height of the fence, proclaiming to the world that there is a Creator! Just as I water and care for the flowers I marvel at Your creation, there is a master designer that created all things.
362. Reading a book written about Rick Husband, reflecting on creation from the eyes of space, he wrote
“God’s presence in creation is just as much evidence here on earth as it is two hundred miles above the earth…after seeing our kids being born and realizing what a miracle each and every human being is… I do not believe it all happened by chance."
363. The precious gift of freedom: as many are martyred for their faith I am thankful
that I have freedom to write and speak freely about the One True God. Reading the stories of so many, it makes me humble and ashamed that I don’t use my freedoms to share Christ more often.


Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.
~W.T. Purkiser

No comments: