Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3 1/2 Year Olds

Drew said the cutest thing yesterday, I asked him why he was sad and crying. His reply, "I'm not crying, my eyes are raining!" So cute!

This week we have been learning a little Geography. We found some wonderful world & state maps and stuck two of them up in the kitchen area. We then placed ladybug tacks in the places where family live. Drew is so proud to show where his Grandma Patti will be living for 9 months - the country of China! Drew has learned the the map locations of: Oregon, Washington, Texas & Oklahoma. We also worked today on writing the letter "D." We're going to need to work on those fine motor skills!

We're also muddling our way through the book "Big Truths For Little Kids." I say muddling because every time I get the book out he tells me, "Mommy later, lets read that later." Evidently learning the Catechism's is boring to our 3 year old! Drew is getting a ton of good truth and despite his complaints, he is using the statements in everyday conversations. Often, Drew will come up to me and say, "Mom, who made you" with that cute grin on his face. Then he spends a few minutes teaching mommy the truths!

No comments: