Monday, April 7, 2008

Lessons from a 3 Year Old


On Sunday I was running around trying to get the boys ready for church. Drew decided to spend 15 minutes trying to go to the bathroom and it messed up my schedule. As we were running out the door I noticed that Drew didn't have any shoes on his feet; in haste and with a not so nice comment to Drew, ran upstairs to find his shoes. When I returned to put on his shoes Drew looked at me and said "Mommy, are you happy in your heart?" I wish I could say I repented but it took the drive to church before I calmed down. Sweet Drew, he was so quiet all the way to church, then when I asked him to forgive me for my bad attitude he said "sure mommy!" You could almost see the relief on his face when he saw that I wasn't upset anymore. What would I do without my two little blessings to teach me valuable lessons?

No comments: