Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Change on the Horizon!


Our little man is 5 months old, covered in cute, chubby fat rolls! He just hit 16 pounds and rolled over from his back to tummy today. He is also cutting his first tooth, his front bottom right - it's poking through at I type! How did he grow to be so big? It must happen while we sleep! He loves to sleep - still 18 hours a day. He goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes around 8:00 am. Overall he is a very laid back, easy little guy who loves his sleep! He also loves to eat! He is still only on breast milk and the occasional formula bottle when I am running low and don't want to thaw anything. I'm hoping to wait on introducing solids until he is 7 months old, he doesn't need the calories! I will say breastfeeding was really easy when you only had one kid, it has been a struggle breastfeeding Gabe. I am always running around and can't find time to sit and relax. Gabe is getting ready to sit up, he loves to play in his exersaucer and johnny jump up. Too fun!






Drew is loving his brother and anxious for him to play. We have been struggling with Drew's heart attitude this week. I pray that we are nearing the end of his defiant streek? God has been so good to provide me with tons of wisdom as I frustratingly watch my son poop his pants right in front of me - Drew didn't like being washed off with cold water! The past day and a half have been much better.His little attitude, normally so sweet and gentle, has been wild and hot tempered. I have a guess he is angry that mommy left him home for a week with Daddy and took baby Gabe with her. I'm not sure, but that's my guess. His Uncle Scotty is here too, so he has had tons of fun playing the tough big brother and showing off in unusual ways. Please pray tomorrow goes better. We have really buckled down on the discipline, I think he has had more spankings in the past week that the whole year prior? He has also been spending lots of reflection time in his bed. I saw a genuine heart change this evening so I hope it is still there in the morning! He is normally so sweet and concerned for others, this new attitude is terrible. I've noticed that I let him get away with small things so cracking down on those has helped. We are also starting to give him chores each day so he feels "part" of the family. We will see! Please pray for us!

No comments: