Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One of Those Days



It has been one of those days! It began by getting everyone up and out the door for Gabe's 10:00 am, 2 month checkup. Once in the office I was told the appointment was at 1:00 pm; I arrived home and sure enough I had written 1:00pm on my calendar. It is our dental appointments next week that are at 10:00 am. Oops!

Then, I tried to get Drew to play quietly in his room while I worked in the office. While I was worrying about getting advance reports out, consolidated Aging report submitted, and issuing stop payments on checks I hear a crash in Drew's room. I didn't even want to look, but I knew it was the responsible thing to do. So, I opened the door and to my horror Drew had knocked over his reading lamp and glass was behind the rocking chair. I calmly called John on the phone for a pep talk. While I was ranting to him about needing to get my work done, Drew walks in and says "Mommy, when you done working, play play dough with me?" John, hearing the desperation in my voice said he would come home from work early and clean up the mess. He arrived just in time to watch Drew while I took Gabe for his 1:00 checkup. While at the doctor a windstorm blew out the power! The rest of the day went smoothly, John took Drew out for the afternoon and Gabe slept! I was finally able to get my work done! Oh, one last little thing, tonight after dinner I asked Drew to get me a tissue, he walked in the kitchen with a long, long roll of toilet paper ... still attached in the bathroom!

It was a perfectly crazy day!

(After the Toilet Paper Incident)


Gabe's stats were: 11.6 pounds (50-75%), 21 3/4 inches long (10-25%), Head circumference 38 1/4 (10-25%).

Gabe has also slept through the night the past two nights! Last night he slept from 10:00pm to 5:45am!

Drew and I did manage a bike ride today, with Kitty, we were able to ride all the way to the pond and back on our bikes. Drew peddled the whole way and of course Kitty had to go swimming in the pond even though it is winter. Kitty loves to run with the bike, we have been trying to get her out with the bike once a day. She loves it!

John goes in tomorrow for injections into his neck, he is very excited to be rid of his neck pain!

If you don't have a Bible reading plan this year, join us for the Interactive Bible reading blog. This week was my week to write, it was very stressful trying to write something I knew others would read! John was so sweet, he helped me the day before it was due to finalize some of my thoughts. Oh, my book club is now over which is very sad. I enjoyed getting out and having coffee with friends every other Thursday. I think my best friend Nicole and I will be meeting, twice a month for a ladies night out!

1 comment:

The Tyson Family said...

You bet we will be meeting if not more! I didn't get home from work till 10:00 last night. What a night. Ethan has his own alarm clock (his own body) to wake up at 7:30. no rest for the weary but hey, it could be a lot worse! Ethan has been such a blessing! Talk to you later,
Nicole