Monday, January 14, 2008

Obediance


A question to ponder from the "Interactive Bible Reading"

Q1) What is an area in your life where God is calling you to be obedient?

My Response:

I am so in awe about how God reiterates his messages to me over and over again when he wants to grab my attention. The area God has really been revealing over and over through sermons, bible readings, and our Home Bible Study group, is the idea of making my life a constant prayer – not just a few 5 minutes here and a prayer or two at meals. My entire being longs to live each day in prayer or communion with my Father.

Romans 12:12 says "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
Am I wholeheartedly pursuing making my daily life a prayer to God? Our family is trying, our goals in 2008 are to grow closer as a family spiritually and grow closer to the Lord individually, this goal can only be accomplished with constant and fervent prayer; specifically the constant fervent prayers of a mother and wife - me. So 2008 has begun on my knees in prayer, asking "Lord what does a day of constant prayer look like?" How can I keep my mind focused on You?

“Please give my mind endurance to run the race each day, keep distraction (TV, whining children, daily mundane activities) far away and allow me rest in You. Today, I choose to keep my eyes fixed on you and Your word, listening for Your “still small voice” May tomorrow I chose this same awe-inspiring path.”

No comments: