Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week 35


Well, for 35 weeks I have had great news to report, alas those times are changing. I went in today for a routine exam and discovered that I am 1 CM dilated and the thinning process has begun. I have had a lot of pain in my lower pelvic area so I think my body is getting ready for our upcoming birth. I also have had a hard time getting rid of the swelling in my legs and had a little protein in my urine, but not enough to worry about yet.

I have to make it to 36 weeks so the Dr. wants me to take it easy - no picking up Drew or getting to active. I am so glad to be hearing this at 35 weeks instead of 22 - like with Drew! On the bright front, my BP has remained low 124/72, Gabe's head is down and he has dropped a little, but not into the birth canal. In fact, my Dr. was able to couple his head with her fingers and move it to the left and right. Gabe's buttox wraps around my right rib cage and his feet and fingers are on the left side of my tummy. His heart rate was also very strong = 145 BPM. Gabe has also been getting the hiccups about 3-4 times per day which is a good sign that his lungs are developing and the amniotic fluid is decreasing. His estimated weight is around 6-7 pounds.

All in all we are expecting a very healthy little boy to arrive in a few weeks. I would love to get to at least 37 weeks!


Week 35 Development



The average baby weighs almost five and a half pounds now.
Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. These layers of fat will help him regulate his body temperature. They also provide those cute little dimples on elbows and knees!
Her hearing is fully developed, so be sure to talk to your daughter. Do you find yourself speaking in a high-pitched tone? That's okay since some studies show babies respond better to higher pitches.
It's getting crowded! Your baby is now taking up most of the uterus and you may even feel like your chest has run out of room! Soon enough though, baby will move down and you'll be able to breathe easily again (just not walk so easily! Ha!).
Your baby is 18.2 inches (46.2cm) long and weighs 5.3 pounds (2383gm).
The testes have completed their descent in males

No comments: