Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mentoring Is Back In Action

I am so excited, we had our Mentoring coffee last week - we now have 4 new mentee's who are being mentored. I have the great privilege of praying and exhorting these women over the next 6 months! Please pray that I will have wisdom and as my fingers type the Lord would reveal Himself to them. In our last set of mentee's/mentors we had one person come to Christ! I believe all the rest were already Christians. I have opted to not mentor or be a mentee this first half of the year since I don't know what to expect with the pregnancy. I would hate to be a mentor and then not have the time to fulfill my commitment. I did sign up for a weekly mentoring program at another church so I could "steel" some of their ideas. Their program is much less formal and has one mentor to 4-5 people, they meet at church once a week to pray and do a bible study. I am very excited! That starts on Thursday!

I will also be involved in a book club put on by a friend from our old church in Euless. We are reading "The Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson. I am so excited to start!

No comments: