Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just the Norm




Drew and I had a few days to play, cook and clean up the house. John worked the first few days this week, which was exhausting for me! Drew did have fun, despite his friend Riley across the street going back to daycare during the day. We played in Drew little pool in the backyard, baked Daddy some chocolate chip cookies, practiced our measurements, played at the art center with stamps, cleaned the house, went to the grocery store, and dropped some things off at the goodwill. By Wednesday evening I was beat, all my energy had been drained so I laid around and read a good book!

Drew is getting use to his bed, he is now napping well, but his middle of the night screams are getting old. Poor John went in with Drew around 4:00 am and slept with him in his room so I could get a few uninterrupted hours of sleep - what an awesome husband I have. Drew is slowly adjusting to life in a new bed with a few new freedoms, like reading quietly before going to sleep. All the changes have brought Drew's whiny side out, that and lack of sleep! Today Daddy took him out for some errands while Mommy worked, Drew's attitude was vastly improved this afternoon. I think Drew just needed some one on one time with his daddy.

One funny that happened today, I asked Drew to do something for me and he replied "sure mommy!" How sweet!

What a privilege I have to spend my days at home with my little boy! The "tick tock" of the clock reminds me of how little time I have to instill values and a love for the Lord into his life. It is so amazing to watch how as parents we easily instill a love for reading, learning, music, and a love for others. Drew is sensitive at 2 1/2, he is always asking "you ok" whenever we get hurt. Drew can't help but smile all day long anticipating and enjoying the moments of fun learning that encompass his 24 hours each day.

The bond I see developing between John and Drew will never be broken, Drew will always have the memories of putting a chair together with Daddy, or sharing a popsicle, or playing at the park. My boys, all three, are daily reminders of just how much I am loved by my Father. He has given me such treasured gifts - amidst daily reminders of an imperfect world we live in. My life, imperfect and filled with trails, is exactly where I want to be each moment! Thank you Lord for our trials, they are building a solid family that will be able to stand the tests of life. I long to leave my children a legacy of endurance to run this race, absent of fear, knowing the Lord is in control of every second.

Well, I best be off to bed!

No comments: