Monday, July 9, 2007

A Cute Story

Saturday morning I awoke and brought Drew into bed for books. A little while passed and Drew got down from the bed and went downstairs to get some milk.... so I thought. I reluctantly got out of bed and started to get ready for the day. Five or so minutes passed and I realized that I didn't hear Drew making noises downstairs - silence is always a bad sign! I quietly walked down the stairs to peek on him but he was no where to be found. Finally I heard him talking to Kitty in the pantry. I slowly flicked on the lights and to my horror, Drew was sitting on the floor, an open donut hole box laid beneath his feet. Drew looked up like a deer in headlights, smiled a chocolate smile stuffed with donuts, and waved his right donut clasping hand at me and said "hi mommy!" Then he looked up to see if he was going to get into trouble, only to find that I had vacated the pantry in hysterics! I couldn't get mad and something so cute and jovial!

No comments: