Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Quote Tuesday

"As Christians, we are called to convert our loneliness into solitude. We are called to experience our aloneness not as a wound but as a gift--as God's gift--so that in our aloneness we might discover how deeply we are loved by God."
~ Henri Nouwen ~
I really like this quote because it reminds me that the times meeting with the Lord that are the sweetest are discovered when I am alone and quiet before Him. After the business and chaos of the day a nice cup of tea and my Bible will rejuvenate my soul like nothing else. To truly know the Lord takes time, effort, and an expectant heart; during quiet times of solitude I've learned more about the very nature of God, his character, his passions for my life, His visions, and taken on His pursuits. It is when I am in solitude that I feel the closest to my Jesus and "His ways become my ways and His thoughts my thoughts."

No comments: