Sunday, June 10, 2007

Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him;tell of all his wondrous works!
Psalm 105:1-2

I am thankful for so many things! One thing the Lord revealed to me this weekend was just how blessed I am. If I would just stop and notice all the things around me I could enjoy each moment as is come instead of always looking ahead to the future, never enjoying the moment. So. I am challenging myself to meditate on 1,000 gifts the Lord has given me.
Melissa’s 1,000 gifts list:

1. Another year to love, laugh, listen, and learn
2. The bright white of the blooming crape myrtle in our back yard
3. A work to do, a family to love, a God to serve
4. A handy husband always eager to lend a hand
5. Flower boxes with fledgling plants to quiet my spirit and calm my soul
6. A place to call home that hold all our hearts and many happy memories
7. Marriage, it is wonderful to not be alone
8. A camera to take snapshots of our lives, eyes to look and remember
9. Fond memories, reminders of God’s faithfulness
10. Unexpectedly washed dishes waiting to be put away… thank you honey….
11. Spring blooms painting the yard with joy
12. A new life, healthy and lively in my tummy
13. Drew’s precious grin that reminds me of his Daddy
14. A son who loves to sleep and rarely wakes up at night
15. Quiet expression of respect coming from Drew’s mouth – “Yes Mama, Pweese, No tank you”
16. God’s Word, a love letter overflowing with wisdom; impending growth and a tool which fulfills my authentic yearning -- to know You more intimately
17. A family to come home to
18. For men and women to protect our nation
19. A new song on the radio

No comments: