Saturday, June 9, 2007

Home from Oregon





We are home and caught up from our 10-14 day trip to Oregon. We had a lot of fun visiting the Pacific Ocean, Washington State, visiting grandparents and uncles, and long lost second cousins. Our days were filled with exploration, which Drew loved! Drew's every minute was filled with discovery, adventure, and passionate pursuits. Drew came home to a very quiet house and very few playmates - although he has started playing more with Kitty! Drew was pleased to see that our neighbor Riley is home for the summer, he anxiously awaits playing with her each morning, and then Nana in the afternoon. He has picked up a few new topics to educate us about: lawn mowers, Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, and airplanes.
It is so nice to hear more than just "train" talk. His train vocabulary, though vast, can be very boring. I wish Drew was interested in "traditional learning" but instead he wants to find out and know how everything works. I can't get him to sit still long enough to read books or go over colors and numbers. I am really having a hard time "teaching" him traditional subjects like counting, letters, colors, etc.



Kitty had a blast with our friends the Tyson's while we were away. I will say she greeted us with tons of kisses and tail wags though! She made a trip to Houston with our friends and enjoyed tons of play time with Zac!


John and Drew just left this afternoon to visit Titi and Tio in Oklahoma for three days. John is building them new shelves for their brand new home. Drew will enjoy the time with his Aunt and Uncle.



I am at home relaxing, trying to get caught up on laundry and dishes and grocery shopping. I am ashamed to admit that my hormones are raging so a few days of quiet is just what I need. I am looking forward to getting back into my quiet times and settling down with the Lord for some nice peaceful chats. It seems months since I've felt the Lord's presence, wisdom, and hands of peace surrounding me -- could it be that I haven't made time for Him? I think a three day retreat with the Lord is just what is needed - time to clean up the heart and mind and set new patterns for the summer. Just in time for our new little blessing! He/she is growing, a lot! I have only felt it move once but am hoping those "fluttery" feelings will begin to increase. The best part of pregnancy with Drew was being able to feel him move and kick and get the hiccups!


More pictures were added to the picture page!




No comments: