Monday, May 21, 2007

A Time For Every Season


I was listening to this song on the radio yesterday and realized that the words echo my 27 years of life . These words reflect the real life moments that come out of marriage and daily living- there are very hard time, times to speak ones mind, time to keep quiet, times to cry, times to laugh - there is a time for every season according to Ecclesiastes 3. How those words prepare me for the future; in this Christian life we weren't promised ease, we were promised trials. My life doesn't exist for self it exists to glorify my Father. How better prepared I am today for trials than I was 4-8 years ago - it was through the past refinement that I have grown. I love the passage in James 1 that speaks on trials and how they prepare us for future service and endurance to run this race called life. May I never forget that I am in the refining process and will be until death.

Most recently I have been hit with the reality of death. Our pastor spoke on it Sunday, Carrie McDonald spoke on it a few weeks back at a women's conference regarding the death of her husband and three other missionary's in Iraq in 2004. Then recently a fellow believer and blogger Heather was diagnosed with Brain cancer and was given 3-5 years left in this life- she is married and has three young children, please pray for her healing. The one thing all these people shared about was the fact that we all have "death" sentences - they just so happen to know theirs is closer. There is a 100% mortality rate and the way we live our lives today determine how we live our lives in the future. Am I living my life in such a way that I bring glory and honor to God? Do I waste away moments instead of investing them for eternity? If you don't know have a personal relationship with the Lord a very helpful website is www.needhim.org; maybe this season in your life is your time to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Also embedded in this song is the unchanging commitment of a husband to a wife, throughout all the trials, all the good and the bad, the one thing that never changes is commitment to the marriage. It is on this sole principal that the Lord founded marriage and our relationship with Him. How awesome that just as the Lord promises to never leave us or forsake us, so to should the union of marriage be kept sacred. What comfort there is in knowing that no matter what I do or how selfish I act sometimes - the Lord and my husband don't base my worth on actions, but divine grace.

How prophetic that the song " I Will Be Here" was sung at our wedding over 4 years ago, it encompasses our marriage commitment, our many struggles, our faith, and agape love for one another, that until the Lord takes one of us home we will not be separated.

Melissa


I Will Be Here(Steven Curtis Chapman)
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
and the sun does not appear
I will be here
If in the dark, we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, and have no fear
'Cause I will be here
I will be here
When you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
I will be here
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I will be here
Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetimes were made for these years
So I will be here
I will be here
And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here
I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I will be here
Oh, I will be here.
and the sun does not appear
I will be here
If in the dark, we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, and have no fear
'Cause I will be here
I will be here
When you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
I will be here
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I will be here
Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetimes were made for these years
So I will be here
I will be here
And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here
I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I will be here
Oh, I will be here.

">

No comments: