Monday, September 11, 2006

Pweese?

A Daughters Plea
Like a little sparrow, he is my song, all day long I listen to the chimes of "Pweese"?

Drew, 20 months old, tweets his sweet melody from dawn to dusk, his plump fingers pointing, signing in unison to his little plea. He points to the door: " Pweese"? To the cakeplate: " Pweese"? To the fridge, a glass of water, a train, a book: "Pweese, Pweese"?It is one of the few word he knows, the only constant word he speaks. His entire vocabulary consists of that sole word: Please? "Drew, use your nice words" He responds "Pweese"? Drew use your words instead of whining? "Pweese" I hear in response. "Please what" I say, "Pweese"? I hear in return.
Who can resist his persuasive blue eyes, his fair white fingers, and his gentle pierced lips, the appeal of his request? Drew use to holler, scream or throw a fit, but now everything is said so sweetly "Pweese"?
But oh, how this sweet, gentle, "Pweese" "Pweese?" melts my heart. Is it that way for You too, Lord?
"For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened.
If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good gifts, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him!" ~Luke 11:10-13
Lord, I humbly pray, I thank you, for always listening to my plea's. Thank you for always listening and answering in some way. Just as Drew doesn't always get what he asks so gently for, so do you sometimes deny me for a greater gain? Lord, you know my heart this morning, you know my heart cries out to you for answers, Please, Lord will you answer my incessant plea? As I reflect on Drew's patient requests, probably heard 100 times just today, it gives me strength to continue petitioning, just as the widow who kept going back to the king, I come back to you again, please I cry! Give me that which You deem a valuable gift, please bind up the broken hearted & free the captives enslaved to the mind control of schizophrenia... please.

Idea from ( http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/), I am not too sure how to reference that?

No comments: