Thursday, March 15, 2007


A Recent Note to my Mentee's, enjoy learning from my lessons, please don't repeat them!

So sorry it was been a few weeks since I have checked up on you. I pray you are all doing well and enjoying this wonderful Spring weather!. Have you been enjoying the sermon series on Finances? I would like to encourage you all this week to make sure your trust lies solely in the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, not in bank accounts, insurance, or possessions. Please e-mail or call me with your prayer requests; I feel it a privilege to pray for you.

The Lord has been teaching me yet another lesson in faith. I had hoped that with all the lessons thus far I would have handled my latest challenge with a bit more grace. May I encourage you to analyze where your hope and assurance resides so you don't have to make the same mistake as me? At the beginning of the Crown Financial bible study I read about a man who had just bought a new car and within days was in an accident, his response: "I don't know why you want a dent in your brand new car Lord..." I wish that had been my response when our three week old car was crunched between a Ford truck and a Blazer 5 weeks ago. All I considered was the vast amount of time and effort it was going to cost us to deal with insurance companies and doctors. I was very angry with God ; my husband, who had lived with severe back pain for most of his life, was injured in this accident. The Lord provided just a few short 4 months of being back pain free and now all that pain was returning because of an accident that wasn't his fault. Err! Instead of praying and allowing the Lord to soften my heart and my husband's back pain, I relied on insurance company's and doctors to "fix" everything. It went on this way for over three weeks -- one problem after another kept coming up and still I didn't surrender to the Lord. Would you believe that my trust relied so heavily on the doctors and our finances - I didn't even seek God's counsel and pray for my husband's healing? I am ashamed to admit that I immersed myself in the world's solutions and forgot where my hope belonged. I also failed to remember that the Lord refines my heart through trials, had I yielded to his discipline and correction I could have learned so much more, and been a much better witness to others.

It actually took a second accident to wake me up. Yes, our car was on its way from the Volkswagen dealer to the body shop when our car was hit by an uninsured motorist! My husband called me from work to explain what had happened, laughing he made a casual comment that our car was cursed - - I instantly realized the lackadaisical cold shoulder I had been giving My Lord. I immediately repented and asked the Lord to forgive me. The past 5 weeks I had been living as if the doctors and insurance providers would fix all the problems, after all we do pay for insurance and doctors, "They are paid to fix me problems, right"? Lord, please forgive me for my lack of faith, your plans are so much better than mans way, why did I have to tackle this in my own strength?
The past few days I have been meditating on Psalms 20:7-9, perhaps this verse and my recent debacle will help you have surefooted confidence in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ the next time a trial comes your way.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.
O LORD, save the king! Answer us when we call!
My faith journey for this trial doesn' t end here, I would like to ask you all to pray for my husband, specifically that the Lord would heal his back pain and allow him to regain full movement again. We are also battling with the insurance company regarding medical bills and how to get all the expenses covered without having to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket. This past 4 days we have seen the Lord work mightily, we are praying together as a couple and have seen amazing transformation happen with all parties concerned. Please pray for the uninsured motorist, his insurance had lapsed by 2 days and this accident could ruin him financially if the insurance company goes after him for damages. I will leave you with a quote I found from Malcolm Muggeridge that so profoundly states what I have been learning!

" Every happening ,great and smallis a parable whereby God speaks to us,
andthe art of life isto get the message ."
~Malcolm Muggeridge

No comments: