Thursday, February 15, 2007

Finally I think we are all well! It has been a wild 10 days. Drew was sick but we didn't take him to the doctor because the flue is going around and the doctor's office was contaminated. Our doctor said if it wasn't an emergency, not to bring him in. Then, I was sick with a cold, which turned into a sinus infection. Drew and I had to go into the doctor Friday for that, we washed our hands a lot while there! There were atleast 4 people in the waiting room with the flue. Drew was a trooper, he played with his trains and cried when we went into the examining room because he thought he was getting shots. Then, on Monday John was driving home from getting our bikes fixed and was in a car accident. A truck slammed into him and sandwiched him into a Blazer. John had to take Monday and Tuesday off work because his back and neck were hurting and he had to go to the back surgeon to have everything looked at. Our car is salvageable, but just barely. It looks like about 8,000 worth of damages to our brand new car. Oh well! John felt horrible about the new car getting crunched, but is was not his fault in any way. The person who hit John had insurance and the car is being taken to the body shop for repairs tomorrow. We were very lucky, no one was seriously hurt and the car is repairable. We are so blessed that Drew was not in the car and that John was not seriously injured.
Drew and I went to visit "Titi" and "Tio" in Oklahoma on Saturday, we enjoyed playing in their apartment and seeing their new house being built. We also played at the playground near Julie's new house. It was very fun! Drew's favorite part was watching his DVD player in the car. He doesn't watch much TV at home so this was a treat! Of course, I get to hear I want to watch "choo, choo," or "Boz Boz," each morning which normally sets Drew into a tantrum because I said "no". He is learning though, yesterday he only had one tantrum and whined a lot less!
Drew has turned into a two year old, he is whining more and is getting into things when Mommy or Daddy aren't watching. John has really stepped in and is disciplining Drew more because I am very tired by the end of the day! Currently, we are working on not whining and following basic commands without throwing a tantrum. His most common phrase this week is "no whining" which he repeats after mommy when whiney. We are also working on sitting at the dinner table quietly while others finish their dinner. Drew is getting very good at following instructions, he has mastered throwing things in the trash for mommy and throwing clean socks into the laundry basket. Drew has been spending more time lately in the corner, pantry, or in his room. The other day was a " classic" - Drew whined much of the morning so I sent him to his room. When I went in to check on him he had taken the shade off the lamp and was teaching himself how to unscrew the light bulb. Then that afternoon, I was on the phone and hadn't seen Drew in about 2 minutes, when I turned to go find him he was toddling over to me holding one of the dining room, glass candlesticks. I found out later that to reach the candlestick, he had pushed the stroller over to the dining room ledge, climb up on the stroller, and then climb down holding the candlestick. I tried not to freak out but as Drew came closer, with a grin on his face, saying "here mommy" he dropped the candlestick and it shattered all over the floor. I reminded myself about it only being a material possession, then put him in the laundry room so he wouldn't step on any glass. As I was vacuuming the glass up, one glance into the pantry revealed Drew playing with Kitty's vitamins that were on the shelf. At a closer glance, I saw that he had already opened the lid, poured the contents into Kitty's bowl, and Kitty was eating them all! I snapped and sent Drew to read books on his mat until John came home 45 minutes later. Oh, did I mention that I preheated the oven just prior to Drew breaking the candlestick and then opened the oven 1 hours later to discover that the Lasagna hadn't made it from the freezer to the oven. In the chaos of the hour, I forgot to put the lasagna into the oven. Poor John came home from work to find no dinner, a cranky 2 year old, and a very angry wife! So, we ordered pizza and went to bed early! Just another day at the Williams!
Our Valentines Day was wonderful! Drew enjoyed playing with Daddy all day and then my mom came over for a Valentines Day dinner that I prepared. John was given a wood working magazine and some Bailey's ice cream, I received some Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup! Patti sent John all his old school work and report cards, they arrived on Valentines day, so we spent some time looking through everything. It was so much fun listening to John share stories about growing up!
Love,
Melissa

No comments: