Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."


Snow, Snow, after two days of snow flurries and the weatherman predicting rain, the Lord sent Drew and I a special gift wrapped in white. This afternoon the fog overtook the sunshine and a blanket of snow poured down on us. It was beautiful, magical, like something out of a fairytale. The streets were empty, people still hard at work, I awoke Drew from his slumber with the promise of a great adventure. The flakes embraced the sky, a small Texas blizzard -- Drew screamed and wiggled out of my arms towards the window. A confused look crossed his face, then I told him we were going to play in the snow! He smiled, "No, mommy no?" "Yes little one," I replied, "It is snow. Your very first snow!"
The flakes were thick and clean -- a sharper white than any of my fresh linens. A mantle of white covered the streets in rare silence. The birds retreated in unison, only silence and thick flakes remained, the cats ran too and fro, the dog ran down the vacant street leaving white prints behind, Drew quietly pushed his broken shopping cart down the street. " This is the day that the Lord has made..." I thought as Drew and I threw snowballs towards one another. The Lord sent snow to leave smiles on our faces and gladness in our hearts. I reverted back to childhood, eager to make snow angels and drink hot cocoa. Drew, content to push around trains in a broken shopping cart thought I was insane laying in the grass flapping my arms. We laughed! He screamed "no..no mommy, its no.." and "cold, Mommy it cold!" I smiled, Drew smiled a childish grin. We sat together, smiling, I took pictures of our extraordinary day, we sang "Let It Snow" and waited for our hands to go numb; then retreated inside for hot cocoa - A Williams tradition starting today.
What joy can you find in today? I find that joy is found in the simple, mundane events of life, they are everywhere, just waiting for you to take notice. If you wait on joy you may never discover it, but if you look for her she will reveal herself everywhere! If you get stuck, start by counting your blessings, you will instantly feel joy embrace your soul.
Lord, your gift wrapped in white was such a pleasant distraction from our otherwise ordinary day. As I sat watching the snow fall, magical and peaceful, I can't pass by the similarities between our snow day and Your Son Jesus Christ.
YAHWEH came to bring peace, he is pure, undefiled, spotless, and came willing to die in order to clean out our hearts, leaving them --white as snow.
Thank you for that gift, thank you for not leaving us to die in our sins, but made a way for us to have eternal life. A choice, I know, A choice for each person on this earth to make - - A choice to accept love's perfect gift. Thank you Lord for sending your Son so I could make that choice, so my son can someday make a choice, so all of mankind can choose to accept that gift. All we must do is confess our sins, admit we can not live this life without You, and accept His perfect sacrifice - Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and Lord.
Lord I am so unworthy of your love, your purity, your protection of the Holy Spirit over my life. Thank you for nail scarred hands, thank you for washing and redeeming the horrible choices I?ve made. I can?t believe the God of this world deeply desires to have a personal relationship with me. Your mercies show up new every morning - just as pledged.
Thank you for an eternal promise, an eternal plan for my life, etched in blood, covered in snow, raised In power, protected with a promise.

No comments: