Sunday, September 17, 2006

September 17, 2006
Things are back to normal ... well almost normal! Drew has finally worked his way back into the ordinary swing of things and his temper tantrums have subsided. All the company from the wedding have left and the garage has finally been cleared of all the wedding paraphernalia. Grandma Patti blessed us with her love and generosity for about three weeks and has sadly departed back to Oregon . I am so sad: no more cooked meals, magically clean laundry, and full fridges of food for me. Life is back to order, self discipline & habit. My normal isn't bad just routine and simple. We all had so much fun with Patti, I miss the "girly" company. We even made it to Frisco for a women's day out! Now that was fun, we ate Mediterranean food and then spent hours in Ikea. How fun!
Drew's vocabulary is starting to grow, he is jabbering about everything, I just wish I understood what he is saying. He has been a little sick this week and has not been sleeping as much as usual. Drew did the cutest thing yesterday, I was cleaning up the kitchen around 4:00 pm when Drew toddled in and asked for his binky. I told he if he had his binky he had to go take a nap and since he had already had his nap for the day he didn't need it. Drew continued to persist so I gave him the binky and started to walk to the stairs. Then, Drew ran into the living room, grabbed his nap mat that we take to school, grabbed a few books and laid down right in the middle of the floor and began to read books. He stayed reading books for over an hour! Wow, I was impressed, and enjoyed the time to read my own book! It looks like quite times in his crib, are turning into reading time on the living room floor. Drew has also started to ask to take naps and to go to bed! Smart boy! Drew's favorite book is from Home Depot, called Home Projects for kids. The book goes over all the tools and their uses. Drew carries the book around and asks to had it read at least 2-3 times a day.
John's foot is healing nicely and he is back at work, helping customers! John even received an award at work because so many customers complimented his helpfulness and cheerful attitude. Drew and I met John and his co-worker at Costco today and his friend pulled me aside and told me what a great guy John is, something I already know quite well but love to hear about from others! John has only 4 more weeks of school! He can't wait to be done! He has a whole garage just waiting to be dirtied with projects.
Drew and I have been busy visiting our "adopted" family again this past week. We are really enjoying creating new relationships. I am also busy with work, baking, and gardening. I baked my first two pies a few weeks back; all from scratch! They were actually very yummy! I am looking forward to taking Drew to the pumpkin patch the beginning of October, I can't wait to make a fresh pumpkin pie & pumpkin bread!
On a more difficult note, please pray for my father Brian. He has been admitted to a psych hospital in Washington because his Schizophrenia has become much worse. Please pray for healing, specifically that the voices that plague his mind 24/7 would be destroyed and the gentle whispers of Jesus penetrate his heart to strengthen and direct him.
I am praying Isaiah 58:8 for my Dad, I pray the Lord's healing will swiftly break into his soul. I take comfort knowing that even though I can't be with him, the Lord is present, He is my Dad's "Rear Guard," following, defending, attacking, and comforting.
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
I love the verse just prior, it reminds me to stay focused on serving others so I can bring Glory to my Lord, and to always be growing in my faith so that I can grow closer to the Lord and not desire to hide my sinful self from Him.
Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
I hope you have a wonderful week filled with rest & service to others in the name of Jesus Christ .
Love,
Melissa

No comments: